ICT Systems Administrators and Systems Engineers will join teams that play a pivotal role in shaping the way ASD staff explore, interact and operationalise intelligence data to support core business functions. You will resolve difficult technical issues, often through team and stakeholder collaboration with other technical specialisations, while supporting the development and deployment of ASD infrastructure. There is opportunity to work on a variety of systems with impact across the entire organisation.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of the Australian Signals Directorate and industry accepted hardware and software products relevant to systems administration, current system functionality and the Australian Signals Directorate’s business domain.
- Use experience to identify operation problems and contribute to their resolution in accordance with agreed standards and procedures.
- Accountable for installing and removing hardware and software using the supplied installation instructions and tools.
- Perform routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and software according to Australian Signals Directorate and organisation policy and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with the team and contribute to solutions and goals of a non-routine or contingency nature.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to develop understanding of their expectations and concerns and respond accordingly.
- Solve a defined range of unpredictable problems following established operating policies and procedures.
- Take the initiative to design solutions to issues impacting on the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Provide advice and specialist guidance to colleagues to ensure best use is made of available assets and to maintain or improve the installation service.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A