As part of IT Security’s Incident Response team, the successful applicant will work within corporate IT security – and liaise across the whole organisation – to defend and secure ASD’s IT infrastructure. They will lead investigations into IT security incidents, perform in-depth analysis on digital evidence to reconstruct events, initiate and coordinate incident containment actions, develop incident remediation recommendations and deliver incident summary reports.
- Demonstrable success in problem solving.
- Sound stakeholder relationship skills.
- A solid understanding of cyber security concepts and/or enterprise IT systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A critical and analytical mindset.
- Operations coordination, planning and incident response.
- Intelligence and/or data analysis
- Practical investigative experience.
- An understanding of, or practice in, computer forensics.
- Security Operation Centre (SOC) and/or Cyber Security Incident Response experience.
- Knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM) and cyber security concepts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A