The Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) is seeking highly motivated, enthusiastic and innovative people to join the offensive cyber mission. We need creative people with a high level of openness and who love solving problems in a team environment. ASD is a vital member of Australia’s national security community and we operate in incredibly challenging and dynamic environments. As such, we require staff with a rare mix of specialist skills, adaptability and imagination. These abilities are needed to out-think and out-imagine some of the most testing adversaries and problems imaginable.
- Research and analyse current cultural and behavioural science literature to facilitate compliance with evidenced-based best practice.
- Build and sustain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate effective communication to progress business outcomes.
- Accountable for leading and supervising behavioural scientists and working alongside EL1 Senior Psychologists.
- Accountable for accurate completion of work within timeframes and quality requirements, sharing own expertise with others and guiding and mentoring less experienced employees.
- Responsible for applying understanding of behavioural and cultural insights to complex intelligence problems.
- Identify training needs, and develop and deliver cultural training as required by mission objectives.
- Perform a range of cultural assessments and provide verbal and written analysis that synthesises information derived from a range of sources.
- Facilitate and encourage teamwork.
- Consult with analysts, data scientists, researchers, and developers to support development, data collection and enrichment.
- Develop research, outcome measures and assessment tools in order to contribute to the mission
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A