As a successful ICT Technologist officer, within National Security, you will undertake complex technical assessment activities and guide the direction of cyber security treatments. You will work within a framework of legislation, established industry principles, work practices and procedures in accordance with ACSC’s mission and business objectives. Activities may include undertaking objective systematic analysis and drawing accurate conclusions based on available evidence to provide our customers with detailed technical, operational, professional and procedural advice.
- Represent ASD equities with stakeholders to ensure the risk assessment process is applied in a consistent and coordinated fashion.
- Undertake a period of on job training within the ACSC’s Canberra based classified risk assessment team.
- Contribute to the development of cyber security doctrine while developing and implementing processes to streamline section activities.
- Undertake scoping activities, threat modelling and cyber security risk assessments in accordance with the Australian Government Information Security Manual and the Protective Security Policy Framework standards.
- Assess and deliver remediation treatment recommendations to subject matter experts for approval by stakeholders.
- Contribute towards the development of assessment briefs, presentations and reports for senior decision makers to ensure cyber security assessment frameworks support the delivery of and ICT authority to operate across multiple capabilities.
- Apply your cyber security knowledge to assure the protection of highly classified information between discrete systems across disparate security processing domains.
- Deliver bespoke technical security advice to our customers that is designed to prevent our adversaries from using their tradecraft.
- An ability to assess complex technical architectures, deal with complicated problems and identify the security risks posed to the operational environment.
- Demonstrate your ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders and gain their support to invest in security treatments and policies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A