We are currently seeking a Design Technologies Engineer who may have had prior experience as a CAD Administrator, Engineering and Design Systems Coordinator, Application Specialist or Designer. We are keen to hear from individuals with all levels of experience as this is a role that an applicant with a solid base of skills could develop into.
- Maintaining relationships with and coordinating support from software vendors.
- Administer the operation and security of an engineering and design network.
- Coordinate and support multiple engineering and design systems including:
- Providing training and guidance to the engineering and design team.
- Coordinating and managing licensing for multiple applications across several networks.
- Developing and improving engineering and design applications and processes.
- Support the evaluation, selection, justification and implementation of engineering and design software / hardware.
- Act on behalf of the engineering and design team to ensure effective support from the IT team.
- Work well within a small team, manage priorities and take ownership of a wide variety of tasks.
- Engage and communicate effectively with a wide variety of team members in the engineering and design department.
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD systems e.g. (Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor, AVEVA Marine / PDMS / E3D) is highly desirable.
- Exposure to engineering analysis tools will be highly regarded.
- Degree in Engineering, IT or an equivalent qualification is highly advantageous.
- Proven ability to use, support and configure engineering and design systems.
- Proven ability to perform systems administration of hardware, software and computer networks.
- Proven ability to perform software development / scripting in various programming languages.
- Familiarity with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and/or PDM (Product Data Management) tools and procedures.
- An understanding of defence systems engineering standards and regulations (preferably Defence Seaworthiness) will be highly regarded.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a defence, shipbuilding or manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience with Oracle, MS SQL, or similar is highly desirable.
- Experience with VMWare and Windows Server will be highly regarded.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Adelaide, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A