This role supports the Principal Development Engineer to create and investigate the root cause analysis of defect material to improve the submarine in operational reliability and availability.
- The ability to mentor on safety engineering practice
- Demonstrated expertise in defining /undertaking /supervising engineering tasks
- Demonstrated expertise in technically overseeing safety engineering activities
- The ability to provide product safety advice to stakeholders in a timely manner, in particular Production staff working on Submarines.
- Suitable tertiary or equivalent Qualifications (Software/ Mechanical/ Mechatronic/ Electrical or related disciplines).
- Knowledge of Safety Standards
- Australian Defence Security Clearance and eligibility to access protected US Defence Technology via ITAR.
Qualification & Experience:
- More than 5 years’ experience in Systems Safety Engineering, preferably in the marine defence industry and good understanding of Systems Engineering fundamentals.
- Proven experience in independently reviewing safety artefacts and practice
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and evaluating safety engineering technical work
- Knowledge and experience working with root cause analysis
- High level skills and experience in undertaking Hazard identification and Analysis using various techniques.
- Experience in developing safety cases and their associated arguments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Henderson, Western Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A