New opportunity exists for a Senior Project Manager to join the ASC Delivery team based in Osborne, SA. This role is responsible for ensuring the successful planning, execution and closeout of significant projects associated with the Collins Class In-Service Submarines Maintenance Program.
Reporting to Head of Forward Planning & Asset Management the role will be accountable for delivering project objectives against the contracted program outputs whilst leading a large project team in a matrix organisation with up to 8 direct reports. In addition, the role will have responsibilities in business improvement and process development whilst coaching and mentoring other team members to build ASCs project management capability.
- Leading the development of the schedule performance baseline and then monitoring project performance trends, analysing variances and developing corrective actions to ensure delivery against the performance baseline.
- Leading the coordination and engagement with client representatives, internal functional departments and stakeholders and external contractors as required, to ensure the project objectives are understood and delivered. Develop the project Risk Management Plan.
- Preparation and presentation of required project reports and briefs to Senior Management
- Setting clear safety expectations with the Project Team and demonstrating strong Safety Leadership through your behaviours and actions.
- Promote ASCs PRIDE Values through your own behaviours and foster a culture that facilitates high performance.
- Provide performance management, coaching and career development for Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Overall accountability for the safe and efficient delivery of the planning, execution and close out phases in accordance with approved project management processes.
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) responsibility for financial management of the project.
- Contributing to continuous improvement throughout the CCSM program.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a complex project environment as a Project Manager (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of project delivery best practices including scheduling, earned value management, risk management, quality management, stakeholder and personnel management as applicable to a complex project environment.
- Currently hold Defence Security Clearance or have eligibility to obtain
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Adelaide, South Australia, AU
Application Deadline: N/A