We are now looking for a Senior Structures Engineer – Bridges to oversee the QLD sections of the Program. Reporting to the Principal Structures Engineer, the incumbent supports Inland Rail program of works by providing discipline advice and design review within the nominated area of expertise. Critical to this role is ensuring that the programs of work are supported in obtaining design acceptance, meet IR delivery requirements and assurance objectives, through undertaking engineering reviews and providing structural engineering advice. The incumbents will work with the Project Teams to provide high-level review of structural engineering, design, scoping, analysis and calculations as required program wide and will routinely liaise with consultant and contractors to ensure design are delivered to the required standard.
- Develop and champion structures value management opportunities.
- Provide advice on structures matters to help administer contracts.
- Facilitate the change management process for structures related changes
- Support responding to relevant engineering RFIs
- Support the Contractors’ design team to achieve IR and ARTC’s design objectives for structure aspects of the works package.
- Advise the Principal Structures Engineer, Design Managers and other project personnel on geotechnical challenges that may arise during the project, with a view to resolving the challenges.
- Support decision making and/or facilitating waiver process
- Provide technical support to resolve non-compliances
- Facilitate communication between project teams, designers, specialist structural engineering providers and the contractor where appropriate.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng), or the ability to obtain CPEng status.
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ), or working towards it.
- Sound knowledge of structural bridge engineering design.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel High level conceptual and analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyse complex issues and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrable ability to work in an organised well-ordered manner.
- Track record of meeting deadlines.
- Problem resolution skills with experience in relationship management.
- High level interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Driver’s license – class C.
Qualification & Experience:
- Design and construction experience in structural engineering disciplines, particularly road and rail bridges and culverts.
- Well-rounded experience in project delivery working and coordinating with/for road and rail managers on delivering their scope and requirements to relevant engineering standards and guidelines
- Experience in the management and review of design work for major transport infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated structural engineering experience in green and brown field infrastructure development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A