Inland Rail Program is evolving with project milestones and the Engineering team is getting ready for the delivery phases.
Reporting to the Principal Track Engineer, the Senior Track Engineer supports Inland Rail program of works by providing discipline advice and design review within the nominated area of expertise. The Track Engineer will work with the Project Teams to ensure that track elements of design for the Program align with ARTC’s requirements. Critical to this role is ensuring that the programs of work are supported in obtaining design acceptance, meet IR delivery requirements and assurance objectives, through engineering reviews and SME advice.
- Advise the Project Manager, the Design Manager and other project personnel on track design and construction issues that may arise over the duration of the project, with a view to resolving the issues;
- Provided technical leadership to Contractors’ rail designers and advice on track matters to help administer contracts;
- Facilitate the change management process for track related changes;
- Support responding to relevant engineering RFIs;
- Support Principal Track Engineer with critical review of third-party track analysis and design;
- Support the project teams and Principal Track Engineer with track works on activities relevant to the project, both internally and externally;
- Support decision making and/or facilitating waiver process;
- Provide technical support to resolve non-compliances;
- Facilitate communication between project teams, designers, specialist track engineering providers and the contractor where appropriate; and,
- Participate in project delivery and undertake other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- CPEng competence certification
- 7+ years’ civil engineering experience
- Demonstrated track design and construction engineering experience in green and brown field rail infrastructure projects
- High level interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence outcomes as well as develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to lead problem solving activities and facilitate technical workshops for the achievement of project goals.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Drivers Licence – Class C
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A