In this role, you will perform a range of complex scientific tasks, including radiological risk assessment and modelling, to evaluate potential health impacts to the public, workers and the environment from exposure to ionising radiation, with a focus on radiological waste. In addition, you will provide input to the development of national and international standards, project management, report development and stakeholder engagement. You will work closely with other staff within the Assessment and Advice Section, and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that advice provided is based on the latest scientific knowledge and national and international experience.
- Assess and characterise risks and health impacts from exposure to ionising radiation
- Implement best international practice and contribute to the development of Codes and Standards for radiation protection;
- Maintain accurate records of work performed and results obtained, and support the preparation of associated guidance documents and technical reports;
- Communicate with and provide advice to a wide variety of clients and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of radiation protection and their application to assessing risks and health impacts to people and the environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of radiological waste management, including management of inventory databases, review international guidance and experience in environmental risk assessment and the communication of this risk.
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate projects and provide technical oversight on specialised activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build and sustain positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients.
- Demonstrated communication and liaison skills including the ability to impart complex information clearly, including the capacity to produce reports which are clear, concise and readily understood by the intended audience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A