The Business Manager will work under the direction of the APSC Director, liaising directly with the School Manager, partners, supporters and stakeholders of the Project. The Business Manager will work closely with internal and external stakeholders, with responsibility for overseeing the Project’s activities and objectives. The Business Manager will be supported by an Administration Coordinator and Senior Finance Officer.
- Manage the APSC’s core team of professional staff, particularly those working on the administration of the APSC’s activities and the Marketing Team. Support the APSC Executive in managing HR matters for the whole APSC team.
- Coordinate secretariat services to be provided to the APSC’s external, high-level Advisory Board.
- Serve as the central contact point for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in relation to daily management of the APSC and manage the operational relationships between the ANU’s affiliated partners in the APSC.
- Facilitate strong internal communications and coordination between APSC staff and partners, and liaise with Australian government officials and those from the region, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-government organisations (NGOs), private-sector bodies, and other stakeholders in relation to the APSC’s work.
- Oversee the correct use of branding in all APSC materials and the APSC’s website.
- Comply with all ANU policies and procedures, in particular those relating to work health and safety and equal opportunity.
- Perform other duties as requested, consistent with the classification level of the position and in line with the principle of multi-skilling.
- Substantial experience in the preparation and management of reports and budgets, financial forecasting, monitoring and analysis and presenting key findings to management.
- Experience with engagement and reporting to the Australian Government would be valued. In particular, project management and reporting to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for the purposes of aid and development delivery would be highly valued.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise an effective team, which provides consistent, high quality operational research to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to support the strategic planning process and to implement and report on strategic activities using organisational, analytical, evaluative and problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated high level of written, oral and interpersonal skills, including strong negotiation and presentation skills and the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
- A demonstrated high level of achievement in relation to incorporation of EO understanding of equal opportunity principles and a commitment to their application in a university context.
Qualification & Experience:
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A