Website American Hospital Dubai
- Demonstrates knowledge and clinical expertise of Infection Control issues, reports and documents as directed in the Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing and achieving unit goals.
- Demonstrates organizational skills as team leader/in-charge nurse as required.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff.
- Demonstrates skills in continual critical care assessment of patient, family’s physical and psychological needs.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care.
- Shares knowledge and skills with colleagues and others.
- Floats to other areas within the hospital when required.
- Assists medical colleagues with diagnostic therapeutic interventions.
- Performs additional duties when required.
- Demonstrates skill in co-ordination and planning of critical care/clinical pathway, and prioritizing care, based on individual needs. Revises care plan as necessary.
- Maintains accurate and thorough documentation following established standards.
- Demonstrates cooperation, coordination and respect among individuals/departments in order to provide excellent customer service (internal and external).
- Participates in staff meetings and unit committees/projects.
- Performs nursing interventions/procedures in accordance with established standards of care and policy and procedures.
- Demonstrates problem solving/critical thinking skills ensuring effective functioning of unit routine.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and the ability to render care and services based on needs, age appropriateness and developmental stage of patients.
- Current license to practice nursing
- Diploma in Nursing (not less than three academic years in nursing only) or
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (duration not less than three years) or
- ACLS certification to be achieved within 6 months of employment.
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (not less than three academic years) graduated from 1998 onward with pre medical secondary school certificate or its equivalent.
- BCLS certification
- At least 2 years’ experience in critical care nursing
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A