Website American Hospital Dubai
An employee of the American Hospital Dubai is expected to promote the mission and philosophy of the hospital by acting in a caring, courteous and confidential manner towards patients, visitors, colleagues and staff by performing their duties and responsibilities according to the expected standards in order to fully meet patient care needs.
- Provides accurate, complete and prompt reports on patient care conditions and response to treatment utilizing the standardized SBAR. Collaborates effectively as a multidisciplinary team member.
- Nursing documentation is individualized, informative, complete accurate, concise and legible. Documentation follows AHD and JCI standards and reflects the nursing process from assessment, evaluation and re-assessment.
- Demonstrates awareness and knowledge of Infection Control, Pain Management and Wound Care practices and standards. Reports and documents as directed in the relevant policies and procedures.
- Offers advice and safe, effective midwifery care that respects the cultural and social needs of each woman and her family during the antenatal, intrapartum and postpartum period.
- Demonstrates attention to discharge planning; discharge planning is addressed on admission, on-going and as care plans are modified. Discharge and transfer procedures are completed in a timely and complete manner.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required in recognizing potential emergency situations; codes and other emergency situations are managed completely.
- Actively participate in mock codes.
- Works in other areas within the hospital when assigned, within the scope of practice.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of medical equipment available on the unit and maintain competency in the use of equipment and material necessary for the resuscitation and stabilization of the woman and the neonate.
- Work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team members to assist with diagnostic therapeutic interventions and to improve the delivery of services to women and their families.
- Set priorities and plans implementation of patient care; implementation of care is completed in a timely, organized manner and follows the AHD nursing standards and policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates competency in the skills needed to assist and support the woman before, during and after childbirth and provide safe and effective care of the newborn.
- Direct entry midwifery degree of not less than 3 years .
- NRP Certification preferred
- Private hospital experience desirable.
- At least 2 years of recent post-graduate midwifery experience
- BLS Certification
- Current license to practice nursing in country of origin and with the DHA
- 3-4 years General Nursing Diploma/Degree plus Midwifery certificate or diploma of not less than 12 months or
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A