Website Al-Futtaim Group
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician prescriptions.
- Communicates with and treats pharmacy’s customers
- Enters data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory.
- Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Works effectively with other healthcare employees, managers, and departments.
- Reviews prescriptions issued by the Physician, or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy, appropriateness of medication, and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Complies with local drug regulatory laws as regulated by the country of operation like drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Train other medical personnel on matters pertaining to the pharmacy.
- Assesses medications to determine identity, purity, and strength.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of drugs designated as hazardous waste.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacology from a recognised institution.
- UAE License or Eligibility as a clinical Pharmacist
- Fluency in English (speak, read and write).
- Excellent Computer Literacy skills is required.
- Arabic speaking skills will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in a similar role.
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A