Website Al-Futtaim Group
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
- Partner with other functions to organise Vitality/Activity meetings and activates local activities including new launches, seasonal celebrations and/or events.
- Gathering information and run survey’s results for initiatives.
- Obtain relevant product and service information from the various departments and communicate it to the co-workers, allowing them to communicate to our customers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop, identify, utilize and update communication channels for delivering key messages (i.e. Intranet, monthly newsletter, etc.).
- Assist store management in a crisis situation by creating key communication messages and FAQs.
- Identify co-worker target groups and ensure that their information needs are met.
- Actively contribute in the regional Visual Merchandising Leaders network and share regional directions and global tools with the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers in the store.
- Ensure IKEA uniqueness and IKEA Brand identity in range presentation and store communication in order to distance us from the competition. Taking ownership for how we are working with our Vitality calendar and Store activities.
- Using knowledge of the IKEA Concept, strategic messages and the IKEA Swedish identity to plan, create and implement store solutions that support the commercial priorities and facilitate the mechanical sales system.
- Optimize sales by supporting local marketing initiatives, drive traffic to the store by supporting commercial calendar, communicates with Com&In and Marketing team – SO before executing details of marketing initiatives.
- Lead and inspire the Visual Merchandising and Interior Design/Activity co-workers and develop their visual merchandising and range presentation competence in order to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in the stores.
- Support the Visual Merchandising/Activity co-workers in creating inspiring range presentation solutions that reflect life at home activities with seasonal relevance connected to the commercial activities.
- Responsible for the implementation of the vitality Calendar in the store. (360 approach, planning (store media aligned with media, commercial meetings, implementing and follow up together with the Sales Activity manager)
- Contributes in delivering the department action plan and ensures that specific store design initiatives are focused in order to grow our business and supporting Vitality/Activity commercial calendar.
- Responsible to be part of the Commercial CAT team in the store and take all the necessary steps to get an activity implemented.
- Ensure that store co-workers understand the impact the IKEA FAMILY membership has on our long-term growth and profitability.
- Ensuring that IKEA FAMILY offers together with external partners are communicated as additional benefits.
- Always look at the store through the eyes of our customers finding ways to drive membership recruitment and inspire our co-workers to do the same.
- Contribute to deliver the IKEA FAMILY action plan based on local potentials.
- Clearly communicating the agreed action plan to my store management and commercial team.
- Work with IKEA FAMILY responsible to create new ideas and increase IKEA FAMILY membership.
- Support all IKEA FAMILY initiatives.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure IKEA FAMILY concept and benefits are available and visible throughout the store.
- Working with store sales/shopkeepers to make sure that the IKEA FAMILY shop is in shape as new at all time.
- Implement local commercial activities, IKEA FAMILY seminars and workshops
- You inspire and surprise visitors by presenting and communicating the IKEA Home furnishing offer with strong visual impressions that exceed visitor’s expectations.
- You ensure that external Media & Digital Advertising and Store communication is aligned with Local Marketing program (in coordination with Com & in team and Marketing team – SO) and researched, formulated and delivered in an accurate, timely, high quality and effective manner to have the same tone of voice in the customer journey.
- You will lead, develop and inspire the Store CAT team, other store functions and the Communication and Interior Design co-workers in increasing vitality and seasonality, knowledge of life at home and local market.
- You will support IKEA FAMILY membership, program and activities include creating fun, surprising and relevant store solutions that contribute to positioning the IKEA Brand and the IKEA store as an up-to-date and innovative destination that always offers something new.
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Higher education qualification in Interior design and Visual Merchandising, University graduate preferred
- 3 years’ experience in related field, preferably in retail marketing
- Significant experience of working as a Visual Merchandiser/ Activity leader in an IKEA Store or Service office, IKEA experience is preferred
- Must be a multi-tasked and have a strong team spirit.
- Must be computer literate (All Microsoft Programs).
- Arabic speaker is an added advantage.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Good Business acumen.
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a larger team
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A