Website Air Arabia
The Manager- Safety and Emergency Response to implement, maintain and develop the Air Arabia Safety Management System (SMS) and to promote safety awareness and accident prevention methods throughout the organization whilst ensuring that the prevention of flight accidents is the Company’s priority. This position will be approved by the UAE GCAA as a ” Nominated Postholder” for Airline Safety Department.
- Creates “Safety Cultural Awareness” through proactively acting to promote for safety system and accident prevention methods across the entire company with focus on risk management, prediction of possible safety hazards, prevention of flight accidents, as well as on human factors considerations.
- Applies Air Arabia’s (SMSM) agreed procedures to lead investigations of any incidents that affect the safety of the company, its employees, customers and assets; this includes but not limited to emergencies, AOGs, accidents and flight occurrences.
- Ensures that all company’s employees are educated on safety measures, and its assets, facilities and equipment are managed and maintained as per approved safety standards and that all HSE in the company support the safety measures implemented.
- Develops, analyzes and utilizes the Company’s Flight Data Monitoring System (FDMS) in coordination with Stakeholders as appropriate to address risks related to flights operation. Compiles and analyzes information from FDMS and Safety reports to recommend Safety action plans and corrective measures within the Company.
- Identifies safety issues and addresses to concerned parties in proper channel for timely action and appropriate corrective measure all in line with GCAA regulations and Company’s policies and procedures related to safety measures.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the Aviation/Airlines industry, out of which 5 years in Airline Safety in a similar capacity.
- Training certificates in SMS and Human Factors from a recognized safety training institute.
- Must have attended Appropriate Government/ IATA Aviation Safety Course for Safety Managers.
- Has extensive knowledge and exposure on Civil Aviation Authorities; familiar with rules and regulations of CAA pertaining to Safety, policies, procedures, manuals, etc.
- Experienced in leading teams with heavy work-load schedules and ad-hoc scenarios.
- Very good knowledge and exposure on airline and Flight Operations and standard regulations
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Aviation/Engineering/Management or equivalent; alternately a diploma or certificate in the related field from a recognized university or institute combined with needed experience and exposure.
Company: Air Arabia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A