The Indigenous Group provides leadership, both internally and externally to the AIHW, as well as analysis and reporting of information and statistics about the health and welfare of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. This includes reporting on agreed measures under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework and the national key performance indicators for Indigenous-specific primary health care services, as well as monitoring and development work relating to indicators for eye health, hearing health and cardiac care. The group also undertakes work relating to improving the availability and quality of Indigenous health and welfare data and statistics, Indigenous mental health and suicide prevention, and spatial analyses and mapping of health and welfare outcomes for Indigenous Australians.
- Aynthesise information from a range of sources
- Manage and contribute to projects exploring and describing the health and welfare of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Analyse and interpret data relating to Indigenous health and welfare
- Manage the preparation of reports or information displays in various formats
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, clients and subject matter experts
- Manage one or more staff and provide guidance, direction and supervision
- Collaborate on other projects within the Group when needed
- If relevant, assist with the management of data collections, including preparing and maintaining
documentation and metadata, and filling data requests.
- The ability to form effective working relationships with team members, internal and external clients and stakeholders, and communicate on behalf of the project team.
- The ability to effectively organise and prioritise workloads to deliver outcomes.
- Experience in managing projects and supervising a small team.
- Excellent research and data analysis skills, including experience with relevant software (Excel, SAS, R, Tableau).
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to bring together information from a range of text and data sources to produce high-quality written work.
- Demonstrated ability to apply your expertise to achieve results, both independently and working as part of a team.
- For some roles, an understanding of metadata development would be desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A