Parks Australia is excited to invite suitable candidates to apply for the opportunity to contribute to the future of some of Australia’s most iconic national parks. Working in partnership with Traditional Owners and Boards of Management, the Assistant Secretary Major Projects, will support an exciting period of development and growth in Parks Australia.
- Delivering a major capital works program over 10 years valued at more than $450m.
- Overseeing Parks Australia’s portfolio of capital assets, the majority of which are in remote locations, including:
- Visitor infrastructure such as roads, walking trails, viewing platforms, visitor and cultural centres, ablution blocks and facilities for commercial operators.
- Essential services infrastructure delivering power, water and sewerage
- Services to parks and to an Indigenous community in Muṯitjulu
- Ranger stations, administration offices, visitor entry stations, staff housing and facilities essential to the survival of threatened flora and fauna.
- Driving and implementing continuous improvement in Parks Australia’s project management capability.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A