Antarctic Operations and Safety Branch plan, coordinate, facilitate and deliver operations for the Australian Antarctic Program by safely resupplying and sustaining the Antarctic Stations and building operational capacity to deliver future Antarctic projects.The Logistics Operations Section is a key element of the branch and is responsible for the coordination, management and operational support of Antarctic and sub-Antarctic aviation, maritime and supply chain logistics.
- Ensuring that the seasonal deliverables and strategic objectives of the AAD are effectively captured within cargo planning
- Representing Supply Chain Operation’s interests when coordinating seasonal planning with other operational or strategic project teams and external stakeholders
- Working with stakeholders across the AAD to identify supply chain operational risks and devise effective mitigation strategies to manage those risks
- Proactively identifying immediate and long-term resource requirements for the Supply Chain Operations Section
- Planning and managing the recruitment and onboarding process for both staff and expeditioners within the section to meet business needs
- Providing high-level support and advice to AAP stakeholders regarding logistics capabilities and constraints so as to inform forward season cargo planning
- Leading the establishment and prioritisation of business improvements to ensure supply chain capabilities and systems continue to meet current and future operational demands and deliverables
- In consultation with other AAD logistics team leads, contribute to the development of business continuity plans for Supply Chain Operations Section to preserve critical functionality
- Proactively managing the training requirements for the section to ensure supply chain capabilities meet current and future operational demands
- Providing oversight and management of key procurement activities for the supply chain in line with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A