Website Australian Federal Police
Applications are sought from suitably qualified applicants wishing to be considered for the role of Management Accountant – Finance.
The Finance branch is responsible for supporting and ensuring efficient, effective and compliant financial management across the AFP. Positions available are for Management Accountants (or Finance Representatives). The Branch has a number of current and anticipated vacancies available at the Band 6 level. Future vacancies may arise across the Branch within Taxation Team, Financial Reporting Team, Assets Team or Capital, Internal and External Budgets.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships across the CFO Portfolio and with key stakeholders within the AFP and external to the organisation;
- Undertaking end of month processes to ensure data and reporting integrity;
- Assisting with forecasting, business risk analysis and budget development within required timelines;
- Assisting with new proposals and costings;
- Providing accurate financial and technical advice and support to the Finance Branch;
- Contributing to central tasks for the Finance Branch based on branch priorities such as asset stocktakes, investment plan and year-end financial statements;
- Providing cover and back up as required for Team Leaders within Finance;
- Providing informal mentoring to junior staff and developing team members;
- Modelling AFP values and ethical behaviours at all times; and
- Supporting diversity and the positive workplace culture within the Finance Branch.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a like or related field.
- Relevant qualification or extensive experience and knowledge in area of expertise.
Company: Australian Federal Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Russell, Australian Capital Territory, AU
Application Deadline: N/A