Website Australian Federal Police
As an Executive Level AFP appointee you will ensure the achievement of outcomes are in accordance with the regulatory framework, the AFP Code of Conduct and the AFP Governance Instruments. Appointees at the Executive Level work under the strategic direction of the senior executive and are responsible for the leadership and management of a number of teams to deliver outcomes. Appointees at this level require in depth knowledge and understanding of the AFP business and the impact of roles and functions undertaken in relation to the organisation’s reputation to effectively manage operations.
- The supervision or conduct of complex Commonwealth proceeds of crime litigation on behalf of the Commissioner;
- Researching complex legal matters and preparing legal advice and assistance to the Criminal Assets Confiscation Taskforce concerning the litigation of Commonwealth proceeds of crime matters;
- Representing the AFP in negotiations and meetings with other parties or their legal representatives in relation to complex proceeds of crime litigation involving the AFP;
- Appearing for the AFP or instructing external legal service providers, and assisting in the conduct of complex proceeds of crime matters as required;
- Providing well researched high level advice and reports to the AFP and Taskforce Executive in relation to complex proceeds of crime litigation matters;
- Assuming accountability for resources, and supporting and implementing change management and improvement strategies;
- Ensuring outputs are achieved within the strategic direction of the AFP, including ensuring all resources are effectively directed and relevant KPIs are met.
- Developing plans and ensuring all resources are effectively directed at achieving business area outputs;
- Ensuring outputs are achieved within the strategic direction of the AFP;
- Supervising and developing team members and fulfilling a guiding, mentoring and advisory role;
- A sound understanding of the Commonwealth, and AFP legal and policy framework that applies to litigation and relevant law and the sourcing and delivery of legal services
- Tertiary qualifications in Law and contemporary, relevant, legal knowledge and expertise in litigation in all courts in the proceeds of crime and confiscation jurisdiction (or the ability to quickly acquire same).
- A practising certificate as an Australian Legal Practitioner.
- A strong understanding of Commonwealth legal obligations.
- Highly developed written and oral communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to communicate with influence with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in leading and managing a team of legal practitioners.
- High quality practice management skills
- Experience in delivering high level and complex legal advice to peers, senior executives in government, and/or the private sector on a wide variety of litigation and information management issues.
- The ability to analyse complex information quickly and engage appropriately with legal risk.
- Highly developed leadership, management and practice management skills.
- The ability to deliver high level legal and strategic advice to the AFP Executive.
Company: Australian Federal Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A