The position of Senior Lawyer works within ACLEI’s Legal Team providing services to the Integrity Commissioner and ACLEI staff. The Legal Team works on a diverse range of matters across the Commonwealth and State and Territory jurisdictions including:
- Providing legal advice on a range of issues, particularly operational law enforcement issues, the use of coercive powers, legal policy, litigation, employment, administrative law and commercial matters.
- Assisting with the progression of investigations and prosecutions including warrant applications, notices to produce and investigation reports.
- Instructing Counsel Assisting as Solicitor Assisting and appear as Counsel Assisting at hearings before the Integrity Commissioner.
- Assessing and responding to Freedom of Information requests in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Facilitating compliance with legislated reporting requirements.
- Supervising 1-2 lawyers and assist with the management of work in the Legal Team
- A degree in law from an Australian tertiary institution or comparable overseas qualification and admission in Australia as a legal practitioner.
- A restricted practicing certificate, or the ability to obtain, a restricted practicing certificate.
- Demonstrates sound negotiation skills
- Demonstrates strong representation and facilitation skills
- Five years post-admission legal experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A