Provide assistance to the teams responsible for the development and delivery of the National Assessment Program (NAP), with a focus on the writing and conventions of language components of the National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN).
- Assist with the selection of items for NAPLAN writing and CoL tests, including the development of trial, main study and readiness test forms, and the development of associated administration handbooks, and support and marking materials
- Use ACARA’s online Assessment and Delivery System and be able to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge of the item authoring, test construction and delivery in a changing environment.
- ACARA is seeking an experienced Senior Project Officer to work on Test Development (Writing and Conventions of Language) in our Assessment and Reporting team. This is a national role, and you can be based in and work from any State location.
- Provide high-level support to the Manager during all phases of the test development process, in particular the critical analysis and refinement of potential writing tasks and conventions of language (CoL) test items and tests.
- Support operational requirements including the development and quality assurance of the NAP test materials
- Deep knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and current assessment practices through recent classroom, research, consultant or departmental experience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the teaching, learning and assessment of English literacy.
- Understanding of the nature of online standardised assessment, including the ability to review and write literacy test items, and understand the use item and test date. Knowledge of and experience with the Rasch measurement data is desirable.
- Qualifications and experience commensurate with the technical and expert nature of the role, including high-developed digital capabilities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New South Wales, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A