As a Senior Android Engineer, you will be responsible for leading app features development, maintenance and support within ABC Digital Network’s Technology team.
- Take accountability for technical documentation, ensuring that all development work undertaken is properly documented and maintainable.
- Continuously maintain a high level of awareness of best practice in the industry for mobile development and communicate to other development team members, fostering the implementation of best practices throughout development teams.
- Perform in full autonomy the analysis, design and development of complex, re-usable components and functionality for a broad range of uses across various ABC digital properties.
- Improve the quality of output by contributing to the development of best practices and development standards.
- Sound working knowledge of most of the following – Java (minimal) Bamboo, Bitbucket, Fastlane, Firebase, Dagger 2, Retrofit 2, Leanback, Kotlin Coroutines, Jetpack Components, OKHttp, Mockito SDWebImage, RXJava, Tealium.
- A strong and keen focus on clean, testable & tested code, and MAD (modern Android development)
- Eagerly follows modern core Android technologies, especially within Jetpack Components
- Excellent skills in planning and prioritising projects and tasks; delivering with a high attention to detail while working under pressure to tight deadlines.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership within a development team and representing that team in discussions with other areas of the business.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge and experience in assessing, selecting and using modern frameworks and build tools, implementing automated/unit testing, and version control branching, merging and versioning strategies.
- Extensive experience developing scalable, complex and high-performing Android applications in Kotlin
- Excellent development skills, with demonstrated experience developing complex, secure and high-performance software for a range of mobile application platforms and devices.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A